The Pantry Project is a collaborative venture of United Way of Aroostook and Catholic Charities of Maine, working together to keep local food pantries full year-round. 2016 is our pilot year in Aroostook County. We have set our goal at 2500 pounds of food. Current drop off locations include: Emera Maine and The United Way of Aroostook’s offices.
Please consider the following items when making your donation:
- Protein: canned tuna, peanut butter, canned beans.
- Nutritious breakfast items: low-sugar cereal, oatmeal, canned fruit.
- Whole grains-brown rice, whole wheat pasta.
- Granola bars, dried fruit and whole grain crackers for health snacks.
- Powdered or shelf -stable milk.
- Low sodium soups, chili and baked beans.
- Low sodium canned vegetables.
Financial donations will also be accepted by the United Way of Aroostook for the specific purpose of buying food for local families. Please send any monetary donations to The United Way of Aroostook, 830 Main Street, Presque Isle Maine 04769. For more information or if you’d like to be a drop off location, please call The United Way of Aroostook at 764-5197.