United Way of Aroostook has been selected to administer a $32,774 grant from the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program that will provide additional resources to local organizations that meet these basic needs.
United Way has been designated to provide the administrative support for EFSP’s fund distribution through a local board of community volunteers, which is responsible for making disbursement decisions among local emergency food and shelter programs that apply for funds.
This funding will supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county for expenses incurred Jan. 1, 2019 through Dec. 31, 2019. The funds are earmarked to provide special emergency assistance in the areas of food, shelter, rent/mortgage or utility assistance.
EFSP funds provide assistance over and above those services already provided by area agencies through their annual budgets.
To be eligible for funds, an organization must:
• Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit or governmental organization
• Have an accounting system
• Practice nondiscrimination
• Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs in Aroostook County
• If it is a private voluntary organization, it must have a voluntary board
Completed application must be received by noon Tuesday, July 16, 2019.
Download the application here